Ignite scientific curiosity with themed camps this summer!
Weeklong, half-day camps explore a variety of topics. Find our schedule and theme descriptions below.
Members may now register.
|Week||AM Camp||Grade Level||PM Camp||Grade Level|
|5/28 to 6/1||Science Sampler||1-6||Full Day Option||1-6|
|6/4 to 6/8||EcoQuest||1-3||Girls Who Code||4-7|
|6/11 to 6/15||Inventor’s Workshop||1-3||Full Day with FCAC|
|6/11 to 6/15||Inventor’s Workshop||4-7||Full Day with FCAC|
|6/18 to 6/22||Materials Matter||1-3||Full Day with FCAC|
|6/18 to 6/22||Materials Matter||4-7||Full Day with FCAC|
|6/25 to 6/29||Space Troopers||1-3||Space Troopers||4-7|
|7/2 to 7/6 (not 7/4)||Science Sampler (4 days)||1-6||Full Day Option||1-6|
|7/9 to 7/13||Water Works||1-3||Discover Architecture||4-7|
|7/16 to 7/20||Illuminating Inventions||1-3||Illuminating Inventions||4-7|
|7/23 to 7/27||Anatomy Academy||1-3||Anatomy Academy||4-7|
|7/30 to 8/3||Robot Set Code||1-3||Robot Set Code||4-7|
- Science Sampler: These single day camps focus on one scientific discipline each day. Many camps begin with a story to set the stage for creative thinking. Mondays: Physics; Tuesdays: Biology; Wednesdays: Chemistry; Thursdays: Geology; Fridays: Meteorology
- EcoQuest: Investigate the world of geology and earth science. Includes a field trip to St. Michael’s Cemetery to view the weathering of different types of stones.
- Girls Who Code: Join our inaugural girls only camp focusing on the world of computer coding. Each day begins with an unplugged activity followed by learning how to code a web page or a robot. For grades 4 to 6.
- Inventor’s Workshop: Do you have what it takes to innovate? Can you evaluate a product and then turn it into something new and improved? Try your hand at the creative world of engineering innovations. This camp provides engineering challenges, but also leaves room for campers to attain the skills needed for product innovation. Full Day Camp in Partnership with First City Art Center
- Materials Matter: Explore the world of material science with smelting, building walls, and so much more! Grades 1-3 will explore other materials and their suitability for building and constructing. Full Day Camp in Partnership with First City Art Center
- Space Troopers: Do you have what it takes to tackle space exploration? Train like an astronaut, study like an astrophysicist, and command your own mission to explore a planet.
- Water Works: Marine Biology and Oceanography combine in this camp to explore the salty seas. For grades 1-3.
- Discover Architecture: Campers with a strong interest in design get to spend time with local architect Scott Sallis learning the art and design of buildings and public spaces. Construct buildings thinking of light during all the seasons, and look at downtown Pensacola in a different way during the architecture walking tour.
- Illuminating Inventions: Wire up lighted creations and test conductors and insulators during this week, but don’t stop there. Investigate things that glow without electricity.
- Anatomy Academy: Take a look inside plants and animals during this biology focused camp. Campers will learn the techniques of dissection as well as proper microscope use.
- Robot, Set, Code: Mix computer coding and robots for a week of delving into what makes a robot go. Both unplugged and plugged activities are planned with either Dash and Dot or Lego Mindstorms.
Price per half-day, week-long camp are $100/$125 members. Price per full-day (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.), week-long camp $200/$250 members/nonmembers.
During Science Sampler, single, half-day sign up is available $20/$25 members/nonmembers. Also, extended day is available during these weeks (8:30am – 3:30pm) $20/$25 members/nonmembers.
Members get 20% off of all camp program registration.